Spatial Data Management System
February 7, 2011
August 16, 2010
- Modified Detailed Land Status Layers
- Moved Native Allotments and Federal Mining Claims layers from Land Status folder to the Detailed Land Status Folder. Also, moved the NPRA Lease Sales layer from from Administrative Boundaries folder to the Detailed Land Status folder. NPRA Lease Sales layer was renamed to NPRA O&G Leases layer. The move was made since these three layers represent detailed land status layers and have specific rather than generalized locations.
August 11, 2010
- New Detailed Land Status Layers
- SDMS now contains 13 separate Detailed Land Status layers. Land status is now displayed for these 13 layers down to the aliquot-part or sub-section level where available.
The Native Allotments have been combined into one layer. You are now able to see all the Native Allotments in at once and distinquish whether the allotment was digitized from MTP OR collected from Special Survey Plats.
November 30, 2009
- SDMS Down for Maintenance this weekend
- Due to maintenance, the SDMS site will be intermittently unavailable from 1700 ADT Friday August 13 through 0600 ADT Monday August 16. You may experience disruptions in service during this time period.
April 15, 2009
- SDMS Down for Maintenance
- Due to maintenance, the SDMS site will be unavailable from 1700 AST Friday December 4 until 0600 AST Monday December 7.
October 23, 2008
- When downloading data using the map interface you now have the option of including a KML file for each vector layer you have selected. You can view the KML file using Google Earth. Selecting this option will require additional processing time and increase the overall size of the download file. Note: only data downloaded from the map interface include KML---other downloadable data on the SDMS site do not.
September 30, 2008
- Web Map Service
- The data on SDMS is available via Web Map Service (WMS). Details can be found on the WMS page.
September 17, 2008
- SDMS Scheduled Downtime
- SDMS will be unavailable intermittently over the coming weekend (10/03 through 10/04) for scheduled maintenance.
September 3, 2008
- SDMS Scheduled Downtime
- SDMS will be unavailable intermittently over the weekend (9/20 through 9/21) for scheduled maintenance.
April 2, 2008
- SDMS Unavailable
- Due to equipment upgrades in the computer center, SDMS will be unavailable from 1630 to 2200 Alaska Daylight time on September 3, 2008.
February 27, 2008
- SDMS Maintenance
- SDMS will be down for scheduled maintenance beginning Friday April 18 at 0600 ADT. Maintenance should be completed by 0600 Monday April 21. The nature of the maintenance requires an extended period to complete.
October 1, 2007
- SDMS Returns to the Internet
- SDMS returns to the Internet with new data layers, features, and a completely redesigned look and feel. If you
have comments or questions, please feel free to provide feedback via email.
August 24, 2007
- New Data
- The NPRA lease sale parcels are now available on SDMS. This information covers sales made in
1999, 2002, 2004, and 2006.
- ACRES Reports Available
- You can now view the case abstracts for parcels in the Surveyed Lands and NPRA Lease Sales
layers. When you identify a parcel, a View Case Abstract link will appear in the identify results frame.
Clicking on the link will open a new window with the case abstract report. From there you can view other reports
from ACRES for the case.
August 16, 2007
- Data Download
- You can now download the data in your view window. There is a download tool on the
toolbar. For more information click on the "Tool Help" button and scroll down to the
There have been a number of recent enhancements to SDMS:
- Survey Comments
- Comments for survey data (lands, corners boundaries) can now be viewed. When identifying
a feature with comments, a "View" link will be present below the attribute information. Clicking
on the link brings up the comments.
- Measurement Tool
- The measurement tool now expresses direction in both bearing and azimuth
- New Scales for Printing
- This function creates a map at the scale you
choose, centered on the current extent. When you choose a scale and generate the map, the
view is zoomed appropriately. Two new scales, 1:24,000
and 1:63,360, have been added to the drop down list.
- Fix for Map Printing
- Previously the legend text was too big to fit within the neatlines on the map. This has been corrected.
- Township Locator
- You can now enter a township in the following formats:
Either lower or upper case will work.
- T1N, R1W, SM
- Source Name Added
- Source name has been added to the following layers:
This information is visible when identifying a feature from one of the layers.
- Surveyed Lands
- Surveyed Corners
- Surveyed Boundaries
- HUC Added to NHD
- The hydrologic unit code (HUC) has been added as an attribute to the NHD layer.